Rural Wireless Broadband
Fast reliable connections in the Waikato and Bay of Plenty
On 26 May, 2016, Lightwire acquired NetSmart Ltd’s broadband business, allowing us to extend our services to the Bay of Plenty region. We have been offering complex network, data and internet solutions to rural, residential and prepay customers throughout the Waikato and Coromandel since 2006 and are now excited to be able to do the same for all NetSmart customers.
Our acquisition of NetSmart’s broadband business means a few changes will be taking place:
- If you’re a NetSmart customer, your plans and prices will stay the same for now, but later in the year we will move you to a corresponding Lightwire plan.
- From 1 July, our helpdesk based in the Waikato will give all NetSmart customers local support with any queries you may have. Until then, your point of call is still with NetSmart.
- From 1 August, all billing and invoices will come under the Lightwire brand.
NetSmart is retaining its data centre and hosting services and will operate under the new name ECO Datacentre.
Going forward, we have some exciting plans to develop the NetSmart network to ensure all customers on both sides of the Kaimais get a great broadband experience.
You can find out more about the Lightwire team and what the future holds in our Frequently Asked Questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What has happened to NetSmart?
NetSmart has sold its broadband business to Lightwire but has retained its hosting and datacentre service. NetSmart will now operate under the new name ECO Datacentre.
- Can I be on the same plan my friend is on?
Existing NetSmart plans will be phased out and converted over to a comparable Lightwire plan later in the year. This means NetSmart plans as they are now will no longer exist. However, Lightwire do have similar plans so we can look at the Lightwire equivalent and set you up on that.
- Who should NetSmart customers contact for help?
Prior to July 1, NetSmart customers should contact NetSmart as per usual.
From 1 July, all customer support will come through Lightwire’s helpdesk and customer care team.
- Will there be changes to billing systems?
The final NetSmart invoice will be sent out during the month of June and will include charges through until the end of July. No invoices will be sent out in July. On 1 August, customers will receive their first Lightwire invoice.
- Does Lightwire have the same payment options?
Yes. Invoices can be paid by cheque, direct debit, credit card or online banking. NetSmart will send out a final invoice in June for services in June and July. From 1 August, customers will need to update any direct debits / automatic payments to Lightwire’s bank account. We’ll be in touch through June/July with more details. All billing will come under Lightwire from August 1st.