$10 per month inc. GST + standard call charges
Setting up your home phoneline with Lightwire is easy and very cost-effective. Lightwire phone services are delivered as Voice over Internet Protocol – or VoIP – through your internet connection.
With Lightwire VoIP, you can keep your existing phone number, or get a new one provisioned. You may even be able to keep your existing phone, as any standard analog phone should work fine.
To get set up with Lightwire VoIP, contact our Helpdesk on 0800 12 13 14, or at email@example.com
Home Phoneline with Lightwire
Add a phoneline to your residential internet connection with us for only $10 per month
- FREE local calling within your entire area code
- National calling only 4c per minute (+GST)
- Competitive mobile and international calling rates
- Keep your existing phone number
- Use your existing phone handset
- Includes call forwarding, call hold, caller ID and answer phone
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I keep my existing phone number?
Yes, we can port your existing number over for you. Please contact our team to fill out a Porting Request Form. Do not disconnect your copper line as we need it to be active to port your number. You will then be automatically disconnected from the copper line network when the porting process is complete.
- Do I need to use a special phone?
No. Your existing analogue phone can be used for your VoIP
- Will my phone work if there is a power cut?
Just like your computer needs power, so does your VoIP phone service. We suggest you read our support article here if you need your phone line for medical use.
- Can I use it as my primary phoneline?
Yes you can. However, VoIP needs power to work so we strongly advise you have a mobile phone on hand in case of power outages or emergency situations. Most Lightwire customers do choose to disconnect their copper line though.
- Will my phone have a voicemail service?
Yes, your phone has a voicemail service built in that you can access by dialing *55 and entering your PIN. Contact our helpdesk if you need a hand setting this up.
- What are the feature codes of my phone?
See our support article on Feature Codes for Lightwire Phone lines