Your Phone Connection
Telephone delivered over the internet
Setting up your internet phone with Lightwire is easy, and much cheaper than a traditional phone line! Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP, is when your phone service is delivered through your internet connection. What’s more, it provides one of the best phone plans around. Just like your email is sent as data across the internet, your voice can also be treated as another piece of data. Internet phone provides you with high quality voice calling at only $10 per month.
Internet Phone with Lightwire
Add a phone line to your residential internet connection with us for only $10 per month
- FREE local calling within your entire area code
- National calling only 4c per minute (+GST)
- Competitive mobile and international calling rates
- Keep your existing phone number
- Use your existing phone handset
- Includes call forwarding, call hold, caller ID and answer phone
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I keep my existing phone number?
Yes! Taking your existing number with you is called porting. Please fill out a Porting Request Form. Do not disconnect your copper line as we need it to be active to port your number. You will then be automatically disconnected from the copper line network when the porting process is complete.
- Do I need to use a special phone?
No. Your existing analogue phone can be used to connect to your internet phone line.
- Will my phone work if there is a power cut?
Just like your computer needs power, so too does your VoIP phone service. We suggest you read our support article here if you need your phone line for medical use.
- Can I use it as my primary phone line?
Yes you can. However, VoIP needs power to work so we strongly advise you have a mobile phone on hand in case of power outages or emergency situations. Most Lightwire customers do choose to disconnect their copper line though.
- Will my phone have a Voicemail service?
Yes, your phone has a voice-mail service built in that you can access by dailing *55 and entering your PIN
- What are the feature codes of my phone?
See our support article on Feature Codes for Lightwire Phone lines