June 1st is just around the corner and for share milkers, it’s one of the busiest months of the year. On top of shifting furniture, cleaning and re-organising – utilities also need to be arranged. Broadband usually ends up being an afterthought during this process. But unlike the city, backup 4G and 5G services may not be available so you may be without internet for days – even weeks!
That’s why sorting your broadband in advance is critical. To ensure farmers across the Waikato and Bay of Plenty make their move seamlessly, Lightwire has a relocation process built for this that works to ensure your internet will be up and running on the date you move into your new home.
1. Log into your customer portal to start your relocation order at https://account.lightwire.co.nz
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and press the “Register Move” button
3. Enter your new address to confirm whether your new place is in coverage.
4. If successful, you will be taken to the relocation form. Once here, enter your details, including your new contract term and whether your property is single-level or two-story.
5. We’ll be advised that you’ve filled out this form and be in touch shortly with a confirmation!
If you know or are told by our team, that there is an existing Lightwire connection at your new place, please take your router with you. That way, we will have you live within minutes of you arriving in your new home.
We will let you know whether to take your router with you via email after we receive your relocation request.
Your router will plug into a PoE injector by ethernet cable. Put one end of the cable into the router’s WAN slot and the other end into the PoE’s LAN slot. Not sure what the PoE injector looks like? Click here.
The PoE injector should have been left in place by the last tenants. If you arrive to find it is not there, please call us and we will send one out to you ASAP. Please leave the PoE injector at your old place.
If our team tells you that your new house has not been previously connected, please leave your router where it is for the next people that move in.
One of our installers will provide you with a new router when they come to install the dish on the roof at your new house.
Got a question we haven’t covered here? Please get in touch with our support team at 0800 12 13 14 or email firstname.lastname@example.org